Designed to split and "bust" wood, mauls feature a wood cutting blade on one end and a round striking face on the opposite end. The striking face is intended for driving steel wedges that are used in conjunction with splitting logs.
- 6# axe-eye style splitting maul with a 36" American hickory handle.
- Forged tool steel head, Made in USA, with clear lacquer finish to deter rust.
- Heat treatment of bit end produces fine grain structure and Rc 45-50 (Rockwell) for safety and toughness.
- Striking face is intended for driving steel wedges (Council # 5W) that are used in conjunction with splitting logs.
- 36" hickory handle is kiln dried before turning. Eye section is then dried below 10% moisture content prior to assembly.
- Handle is hydraulically inserted into head and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge, providing a very secure mechanical bond.
Interested in this item or want more information?
Can't find what you want? Give us a call and we can help you find it.
Manufacturer: Council Tool
For More Information on the Axe-Eye Splitting Maul 60MA, [Click Here]
to Link to Manufacturer Web Site